Cinemalaya will reach a wider audience as it will be held in two places at the same time: its main venue at the Cultural Center of the Philippines, CCP Complex and at Greenbelt 3 in Makati City, in cooperation with Ayala Theaters Management. The addition of Greenbelt 3 as a second major venue for the festival is part of the vision of Cinemalaya organizers to make the Festival more accessible to the growing number of audiences that attend Cinemalaya.
Now on its seventh year, Cinemalaya is a project of the Cinemalaya Foundation, Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP), Film Development Council of the Philippines and Econolink Investments, Inc. It is an all-digital film festival that aims to discover, encourage and honor cinematic works of Filipino filmmakers that boldly articulate and freely interpret the Filipino experience with fresh insight and artistic integrity.
Two theaters at Greenbelt 3 will be dedicated to Cinemalaya on July 16-24, 2011. The films to be shown at Greenbelt will be those in competition in the New Breed Full Length Feature category, the Short Feature Category, the Directors Showcase, and NETPAC Philippine Premieres. The films of the new Focus Asia section of Cinemalaya will also be shown at Greenbelt.
At the CCP, the Festival will be held in seven venues. The opening ceremony is slated on July 15, 6:00 pm followed by the festival opening film at the CCP Main Theater. The Cinemalaya Awards Night will be held on July 24, 7:00 pm at the same venue.
NEW BREED FULL LENGTH CATEGORY
1. Amok (Amok) by Lawrence Fajardo
2. Ang Babae sa Septic Tank (The Woman in the Septic Tank) by Marlon Rivera and Chris Martinez
3. Ang Sayaw ng Dalawang Kaliwang Paa (The Dance of Two Left Feet) by Alemberg Ang and Alvin Yapan
4. Bahay Bata (Baby Factory) by Eduardo W. Roy, Jr. and Jerome Zamora
5. Cuchera by Joseph Israel M. Laban
6. I-libings: Your Loss, Our Luck (E-funerals) by Rommel Andreo Sales
7. Ligo na U, Lapit Na Me by Noel Ferrer, Jerry Gracio and Erick Salud
8. Nino by Loy Arcenas
9. Teoriya (Father’s Way) by Alistaire Christian E. Chan
1. Bisperas (Eve) by Jeffrey Jeturian
2. Busong (Palawan Fate) by Auraeus Solito
3. Isda (Fable of the Fish) by Adolfo Alix Jr.
SHORT FEATURE CATEGORY
1. Debut by Pamela Llanes Reyes
2. Every Other Time by Gino M. Santos
3. Hanapbuhay (Source of Living) by Henry Frejas
4. Hazard by Mikhail Red
5. Immanuel by Gabriel “Gio” Puyat
6. Nino Bonito by Rommel “Milo” Tolentino
7. Oliver’s Apartment by Misha Balangue
8. Samarito (Samaritan) by Rafael L. Santos
9. Un Diutay Mundo (One Small World) by Ana Carlyn V. Lim
10. Walang Katapusang Kwarto (An Endless Room) by Emerson Reyes
For more tickets and information, please call the CCP Box Office at 832-3704 and CCP Media Arts at 832-1125 local 1204/05 or visit the CCP website at www.culturalcenter.gov.ph and www.cinemalaya.org